Water can destroy a whole house, even after you drain it all. Cleaning a house after a flood is a type of race between you and the mold that is just around the corner. Flood water is the dirtiest form of water, and it may cause many health problems through mold and bacteria it brings.
It will take between 24 and 48 hours for mold to form and for bacteria to multiply and cause health issues for people. Individuals who have issues with allergies and asthma will feel the effect sooner than other people. Symptoms include flu-like pain, fatigue, sore throat, wheezing and shortness of breath.
Don’t clean alone, hire us
Don’t think that you can clean the house and remove all moisture on your own. It’s pretty hard for us professionals to do that, and an amateur will find that impossible. You can clean all visible water and drain the moisture from those areas, but mold appears and bacteria flourish in places you don’t even know about. This is why it’s important to call us because we are professionals and we have equipment that helps us deal with such things.
You’ve got two options when it comes to calling us, you can either contact us on time, under 48 hours of the flood or after that. Mold will start to appear after two or so days, and some item may be ruined after the mildew appears, so it’s best to call us immediately.
How we perform water restoration
First, step in cleaning and restoring a house after a flood is to take all small items out of the house. This includes pillows, furniture, and all other elements that are damaged by water. It’s hard to salvage some of those items as they can “drink” a lot of water and mold starts appearing in them immediately. Sun-drying these items is the only way to restore them, along with spraying anti-bacterial chemicals.
Next step is the installation of big fans to create air circulation of the house. We drain the remaining water from the house before this step. Air will drive out the majority of the moisture, but some of it remains. We use heat-seeking equipment to locate any remaining spots that contain moisture. Many people overlook them, and they become a focal point for mold and bacteria.
Our job is over only when we restore every restartable item and remove all signs of moisture and mildew.